Dear friends and family,
Today Amos went to see the GP to get a final opinion before we made the decision about the trip tomorrow. The short story is that he has recovered enough from his lung infection to fly safely, so we are very thankful! Thank you for your prayers. The GP agreed that the antibiotics that he has been on (Lucas too!) have done about as good a job as we could have hoped. Amos has been in good spirits for the last two days, and his coughing and breathing have gradually improved.
What we still do not know is whether Amos will have recovered enough from this infection to receive general anesthesia on Monday, and therefore whether he will be able to have his MRI as planned. That decision will come down to the nurse practitioner and the anesthesiologist. If the answer is “no” we will be regrouping from there.
So please pray:
- For a safe and easy journey for Will and Amos tomorrow from London to Los Angeles (by foot, train, plane, and taxi!).
- For good breathing and health during the 11 hour flight.
- For a restful Sunday to catch up and recover.
- That Amos will have recovered enough from his infection for the MRI to be done on Monday morning (8:30am PST) as planned.
- That the MRI would go well and give us excellent and clear results.
- That Kelli and Luke (and baby!) would be safe and at peace here in Cambridge.
Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits — who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases (Ps. 103:2-3)
Kelli, Will, Amos, Luke, and baby