Dear friends and family,
On Monday we noticed that both Amos and Luke were feeling poorly, with runny noses and coughing. By late afternoon yesterday both had developed some significant hacking coughs, and when we went to put Amos to bed we noticed his oxygen levels were low. His cough in particular was very rough, and he was clearly dealing with a lot of phlegm. We put him on oxygen overnight for the first time in months, and had a very long night of getting up to help him clear his trach and stay at safe oxygen levels.
Kelli took Amos to the GP this morning and he confirmed that Amos has an infection in one lung. He prescribed antibiotics for it, but he also said that if this infection does not clear up significantly in the next two days, we may have to re-think the trip to California scheduled for this weekend. Currently Amos and I have a flight booked on Saturday for his coming MRI on Monday, eye appointment on Tuesday, and return flight that night. The issue is that if Amos has a lung infection, it is unlike that he could safely be put under general anesthesia for the scan. If that’s the case, we’ll need to postpone the trip for a week.
- For the antibiotics and other treatments we are giving Amos to clear up this lung infection quickly.
- For Amos to show clear signs of improvement tomorrow and Friday.
- That Kelli and I would receive good counsel and make the best decision for Amos.
- That the trip to CA for the next MRI would be able to move forward as planned.
- That the MRI on Monday would show clean and clear results without any trace of recurrence.
- That Lucas (and Kelli and me) would also recover quickly, as we all are also feeling pretty lousy.
Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. (Isa. 26:4)
Will, Kelli, Amos, Luke, (and Baby)